The Learn PAd project aims at developing a social, collaborative and learning platform for civil servants. By using the Learn PAd platform, workers in the public administrations (PAs) are engaged in a holistic and collaborative learning experience, centered around an enriched model of the to-be learned Business Process (BP). This model is composed by a graphical intuitive representation and descriptive contents aligned to it.
To achieve such goal, the project will build and release an extensible model-driven platform for e-Learning of PA processes. From a scientific & technical perspective this entails to:
- identify suitable notations/languages, possibly derived from standard BP notations, for representing the procedural knowledge and its context;
- develop focused ontologies and specific Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to support e-Learning in PAs;
- perform careful analysis and verification of the models and associated contents, by exploiting the rigorous meta-models behind the BP representation;
- embed in the platform efficient mechanisms for flow monitoring and simulation to be used for training and self-assessment .
Learn PAd results are validated within the context of two real-world case studies:
- European Project Budget Reporting, covering the administrative procedures related to costs reporting in an EC Project;
- Enterpreneur Unique Counter, covering altogether the complex practices to be put in place for setting up a new company.
In addition, the involvement and assessment from other PAs is sought.
Learn PAd promotes the open-source communities principles within the context of training PA civil servants. Concerning outreach objectives, the aim is to engage both related standardization bodies (e.g. OMG), and the open source modeling communities, e.g. to freely distribute the released meta-models through the Open Models Initiative.